Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Kino Eye and Methods of Montage

Honestly, before I read the excerpts, I had never even heard of the term "kino eye" before. And I never thought of the camera as being "better" than the human eye. Vertov mentioned how normal film makers' ultimate goal was to achieve as close a "copy" to what the human eye sees as possible. I myself was always part of the group that thought cameras were more perfect when the images they produced were as close to what the eye sees as possible and I always thought straying from that was a flaw that cameras have.

I also never thought of montages in technical terms before. I always just thought of them as a random assortment of images that "go together". I never thought of them in terms of tone or rhythm or the effect that different techniques can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment